Monday, October 31, 2011

Surly Long Haul Trucker

Every since I started cycling, I often imagine myself doing unsupported cycle tour like those adventurous souls which I read about at CrazyGuyOnABike.

So after 'bout a year thinking about it, I finally took the plunge and brought in a Surly Long Haul Trucker 700c 56' frame.

The Surly Long Haul Trucker is by far amongst the most reputable tour bicycles which season cycle tourist swears by around the globe.


Take note that it isn't going to be a fast and nimble bike by any stretch, so don't expect it to get you anywhere quickly. It will, however, promises you a very smooth and comfortable ride once you get rolling, and handle all the weight you can throw at it.


If you want to carry a lot of stuff while riding your bike long distances, you’d be hard pressed to find a better bike than the Long Haul Trucker. It starts with the frame, whose tubing and geometry were specifically designed for loaded travel.


Equipt with my old Garmin GPS map... ( as I am hopeless in Directions )


Small Front Rack


Rear Rack - Topeak Super Tourist DX / Brooks B17 Flyer Leather Saddle ( worth every cents )

Conclusion :


Its Heavy and definately not going to win any races but the smoothest ride.... thus, Malaysia tour, here I come!

5 comments:

  1. Been searching for this Bike in Malaysia for a long time... where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered my 56' frame thru post from Singapore TR.Bikes...; but I believe you can find them now at Bikepro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bike.. met several cyclist around the world using the Surly LHT. Me wanna one

    ReplyDelete
  4. any tax if order from sg?

    ReplyDelete